1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The new episode of South Park

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Oct 11, 2006.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

That new episode on the "911 conspiracy" has to be one of the most f'ed-up, weird and at times way-over-the-line episode in a while. And all over a turd. :)

2. It was funny at times, but it didn't seem to flow well. It seems like when they try to do something really controvercial like the 9-11 one it just doesn't work out too well.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Thematically, last week's was more coherent, but seldom has an SP episode been as hysterically funny as tonight's. It gave me a raging clue.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

"I almost shot clue glue all over Joe"

haha

And I love Kenny going, "Really???" ... Hated George Bush calling them "sheople"

5. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I thought it would have been 10X funnier if it just centered on the mystery of who crapped in the urinal.

In the recently-released "Greatest Hits" DVD, Parker and Stone say the show is at its best when it just focuses on the kids being kids.

They should keep that in mind.

That said, the use of "big meaty chud" had me falling off my couch.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Well played, sir. :D

7. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

REALLY?

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The moral guardians of the right (same folks who enabled Foleygate) are going to be soooooo pissed about this episode...

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

"The stalls were full and I didn't want to miss recess..."

Fucking priceless...

10. Frylock

Frylock Member

Thought Cartman's 9-11 song was pretty funny.
    Decent episode, but didn't blow me away. Not as strong as last week's, but season seems pretty good for 10 years of this stuff.

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I hated it. After the first of the season, I thought maybe they were back on track. But this was just awful.

Like somebody else said, it would have been better if they'd just focused on who crapped in the urinal. That's a funny premise. But all that 9/11 stuff ruined it.

Draft saved Draft deleted