1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The N in ESPN about to stand for nobody

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 1, 2016.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hell, I'd take the money if they are handing it out. Better than running an auto dealership or restaurant in your retirement. All you have to do is flap your lips and sound halfway intelligent. But there is that problem of having to live near Bristol.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Nationals-Cubs would only be a game between the two best teams in the NL. The Yankees are 8-15, in case you haven't noticed.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What gets better ratings?

Also, when do you think thoses games are scheduled for Sunday nights?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Just spitballing here, but it seems robot announcers would be a lot more effective than robot sports writers. You could even pick your favorite -- John Madden, Vin Scully, etc.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I know right? Just work for free. It's clear you don't like the guy but he was one of the better guys they had. How about cutting guys who bring nothing but obnoxiousness like Lewis, Carter, Wiley and keep the guys like Dilfer, Ryan Clark and Louis Riddick who actually bring something to the table.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

MLB Network is flat-out terrific. And I love Eric Byrnes. Psychopath in the very best way.

Although I'm not too keen on their new promos this season, weaving players into pseudo in-game situational chats -- cheese of the highest order.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is a bit of a cross-thread, but the absolute one thing I never missed when I left sportswriting, not for a nanosecond, were Sunday night Red Sox-Yankees games. A guaranteed post-midnight finish every time.

Lugnuts likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I love baseball but can think of few things worse than a 4 hour game.

Lugnuts likes this.
  10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

How'd they ever win eight?

matt_garth and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Half of ESPN's football analysts, college and pro, could leave and the network would still have more than enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted