1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Movie I've Seen the Most

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I've probably seen Jaws and Raiders 200 times total, and I think that estimate might be on the low end.

Star Wars, Glory, Boogie Nights, way too much. Can quote them in my sleep, and as a sleep talker, my girlfriend informed me I have done just that.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Watch Pulp Fiction a lot.

I do also have a tradition of watching National Lampoon's Christman Vacation every year.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Do you have a Murphy-related Pulp Fiction poster, CI?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

CI, if that poster were true, Murph wouldn't look so glum

5. rgd

rgd Guest

Bull Durham.

I need a nickname.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Probably the original Star Wars trilogy, also in the running would be Field of Dreams, Die Hard and Ghostbusters.
    Movie I have to wato watch at least once a year, there's a few of them: Saving Private Ryan, and Pearl Harbour (I have to, my birthday is Pearl Harbour day, and for whatever reason i feel I have to watch that movie every Dec. 7), Jesus Christ Super Star, and new to that list is the Passion of the Christ. You could also add How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon) and Disney's A christmas Carole to that list - It's just not Christmas without watching those two flicks.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Major League, Fletch, Gladiator, Cinderella Man, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles ... shit this could go on for a long time.

Most of these I'll get to once a year or about there abouts. But I think the only one I can say for certain that I'll watch multiple times every year is Christmas Vacation.

"Got the daughter at the clinic, gettin' cured off the Wild Turkey ... and the oldest boy, he's working on his career."

"College?"

"Carnival. Yeah, last year he was the pixie dust spreader on the tilt-a-whirl, but this year, he's thinking he might be either guessing people's weight or barking for the yak woman. You ever seen her? The yak woman? Got these big ass horns coming right out the top of her head. Ugly as sin. But a sweet gal ... and a helluva good cook."

8. accguy

accguy Member

Probably Hoosiers or Caddyshack.

But with how often Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club are on TV, those two could be in the running as well.

9. CentralIllinoisan

[​IMG]

Yes, yes I do. :D

10. CentralIllinoisan

And ...

[​IMG]

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

CI -- SportsJournalists.com's God of PhotoShop. :D

12. pallister