1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The morning Coke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Jan 15, 2007.

1. The Michael Medved of nutritional health?
    bubbler, you might be the guy who marinates in the wingnutosphere more thoroughly than I do. Could be a Milwaukee thang.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Must be the Miller brewery fumes. The smell of my youth.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Scarface didn't limit his coke use to the morning ...

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Haven't drank a soft drink in more than two years. I do, however, drink coffee every other now and then.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's 11:15 and I've already had two Coke Zeros...

I would prefer a Cafe Latte in the morning, but sometimes it's just way too convenient to pull a can out of the fridge, especially when you're getting kids ready for day care...

6. My fondest memories are the reek of hops combined with the manufacture of yeast and the odor of the Ambrosia Chocolate plant.

7. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Exactly. I think that's the biggest reason why I drink diet coke in the morning. I don't have time to wait for the coffee to brew ... I want something to drink now. Occasionally, if I stop on the way to work, I'll buy a cup of coffee. But I've got a coffee maker that's been used like twice in the last year.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

:'(

The faint smell of puke that blew from the breweries towards my Washington Heights neighborhood hits too close to my heart, Fen.

And Jeffrey Dahmer added his own special ingredients to the Ambrosia Chocolate. Enjoy!

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Also, considering what I drink is $3.75 at Starbucks, that's a deterrent as well...

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Never been a coffee guy, always preferred hot chocolate.

I'm trying to kick soda, to help drop a few lbs. Haven't had one since my Dec. 30 work shift. It's a tough habit to quit because water, while enjoyable, just isn't the same.

When I worked at a PM paper and had the 6 a.m. desk shift, I always had a Pepsi or Dr Pepper first thing to get the engine revving (especially after I quit smoking). And many's the time I stopped at the 7-11 at 3:30 a.m. for a 20-ounce Pepsi on the way to the airport to catch an early-morning flight, and had another one at 6:30 a.m. when the plane's beverage service started.

I always wondered how scared the clerk was every time someone came in the door at that time of the day more than I wondered how strange it was to be drinking a soda that early in the morning.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

For whatever reason, the thought of drinking coffee in the morning makes me nauseous. Always has. I can drink coffee at any other time of day except the morning. Diet Coke, on the other hand has been my morning drink of choice for about 18 years. For or better or worse, caffeine has no affect on me, so it's not the caffeine I'm craving, it's the delicious taste of Diet Coke. ;D

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Whatever happened to milk? Or is that too all-American for you commies?

Draft saved Draft deleted