1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Misunderstood Britteny Griner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 22, 2010.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

The punch was like an elbow...If she would have gotten her with the full fist it was going to be lights out.

As it is I agree with Starman. Britteny saved her future career by letting the next girl know what could be the end result of repeated dirty tactics in the paint. Most of 'em will think twice because she'll get smarter and like you said zag she'll "accidentally" use the point of her elbow to fracture a jaw.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

That is all fine and I can't say I disgree, but that is a moot point - she still should have been suspended for more than two games.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yes. Doesn't sound like a kewpie doll but isn't terribly alarming, either.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

She's got more testosterone in her voice than you do, Sam. She sounds like Vera De Milo.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well ... THAT was emasculating ...

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Not at all. I would have said the same about James Earl Jones.

7. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

I always told my kids who played, if you hit back, the other player will stop doing whatever they're doing to you.

We've been a nation of pansies ever since they stopped letting Chuck Connors shoot bad people on The Rifleman.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I saw a photo of her in Slam magazine last year. I never read the caption and assumed the picture was of a guy. I had no idea that was Britteny Griner. Yeesh.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

My timeline for nation of pansies started when "The Three Stooges" were deemed bad for kids. Agree about the hit back but on basketball court it needs to be a tad more subtle than on the football field.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

NSFW takes on new meaning.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

In the 2010 NBA draft, the Washington Wizards, with the 3rd pick, select Britteny Griner.

12. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Dunno if anyones watching this but she's killing tennessee. 24 pts 9 blocks. They won't go inside at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted