1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Missouri Valley Conference is ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I just clicked on this thread, and was literally about to post what you did although probably not as well. The A-10 is the perfect example that success like the MVC needs to be sustained over a longer period of time before you can begin talking about them being a major conference. Just look at where the A-10 has gone in 10 years, it's likely a one-bid conference this year. The key for the MVC will be recruiting and coaching. Are these MVC schools going to be able to out-recruit the traditional powers for blue chippers? I still say no. Wichita St. isn't going to blow some kid from the Bronx away. So they'll need to keep finding that next level player and/or the diamonds in the rough and develop them for four years. Also they need to hold onto their coaches. Success in the MVC equals the bigger programs poaching the coaching staffs. I can't remember may A-10 coaches from back then, but URI's Skinner got to BC, UMass' Calipari went to the NBA. That's tough to compete with.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You live in Des Moines?

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Nope. Think farther southeast.

Draft saved Draft deleted