1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Michele Bachmann Migraine Story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There can't be anybody on this board who doesn't have a loved one, friend or colleague who suffers from migraines. They're not rare This is a non-story, or would've been if her staff hadn't pushed Brian Ross around. It should no more affect her candidacy than Obama's smoking affected his.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah. This is definitely the "inside baseball" story here.

Can't blame the "liberal media" for this one.

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

My first reaction, too.

If the economy stays in the tank, a halfway plausible Republican candidate might win. The powers that be want her gone.

4. My wife said it's funny that fibromyvagina affects only women and its "symptoms" and vague and scattershot.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think they think she could (or are worried she could) win the nomination, but would get crushed in the general election. I'm assuming the republicans want someone relatively safe (Romney or Perry) as the nominee.

6. YankeeFan

It is sort of interesting that Tucker Carlson broke the story. It's not like he's the poster boy for mainstream Republicanism.

Which, I guess, shows how many people on the right don't find her to be even halfway plausible.

As a right winger, I want to gag when I hear someone like Hannity fawn over a Michele Bachmann,

I also cringe when a Mark Levin beats up on Mitt Romney. He could plausibly be the nominee and potentially beat President Obama.

We're not getting a perfect candidate. Let's not reject them all.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Presidents don't get sick days.

8. YankeeFan

I think the more involved in politics you are, the more you realize what a lightweight she is.

She does not have the respect of her colleagues in elected office and they sure as hell don't want to run with her at the top of the ticket.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The Republicans are gasping because in the wake of a lousy economy that would otherwise sink a president, they can't find anyone who can beat Obama, in large part because the shit pulled during the debt ceiling negotiations has people feeling even more negatively about Republicans than they do about Obama. Heck, under usual circumstances Obama would be getting a primary opponent.

The polls are tight with Obama vs. generic Republican, but stretch once you actually put a name in there. Romney may well be Republican's best hope, yet he has to run against everything he's ever done in order to get nominated.

As for Bachmann, some candidates get more popular once people get to know more about them. That isn't the case with Bachmann. I can't imagine anyone but a Tea Partier voting for her, whatever her health issues.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Our viewer email tends to run about 90% "Nobama/Mooslem/birth certificate/etc.", but for the last few days the email has been pounding the Republicans over the debt talks and tax issues. This standoff doesn't seem to be working in the GOP's favor.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Sure they do. They just take trips to Camp David, Maine, Hawaii, or Texas.

12. Is this the reason that she had to retire from the Broncos? Did the braces help?

Draft saved Draft deleted