1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Michele Bachmann-Jimmy Fallon controversy...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but lately I've kind of come to the conclusion that nothing is out of bounds in politics anymore. The end justifies the means. It's war. Anything goes. Everyone is fair game, etc.
    I'm done complaining about anything anyone says or does to anyone.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

You don't treat a guest that way. You don't use that word about a woman. And you don't insult a public servant that way.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I do. They're playing in the big leagues, better buckle up their chinstraps.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I poll my family today. Only 37 percent said "Lyin' Ass Bitch" was offensive.

/Crossthread

5. Starman

That was the pansy-ass daffodil-picking Kumbayah Liberal Brigade.

They always lose because their response to any opposition is to curl up and hide under the bed.

6. Starman

What the hell did Bachmann's handler's expect when they booked her on a show which seeks to portray itself as young, hip, edgy and irreverent (in fact it's not much of any of those but they certainly like to think so)?

Nothing nothing nothing whatsover about Michelle Bachmann is young, hip, edgy or irreverent in the least. Her whole goddamn schtick is based on being NOT young, NOT hip, NOT edgy and NOT irreverent. The perfect 1950s housewife transported 50 years into the future. Everything about her screams five decades ago.

So going on this supposed flagship of young-hip-edginess, what in the hell else should she have been expected than to be used than an inflatable tackling dummy?

If Pelosi (or Hillary) went on Fallon she would certainly be snarked at and she would be an idiot to expect anything else.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

This is all true, and the appearance did indeed play into Bachmann's need to have something to talk about.

I suspect her handlers were well-prepared to deal with this "fallout."

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bachmann doesn't need much help making herself look bad, but some places seem intent on making her look like a victim (Newsweek, this...) .

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Um... has anyone been defending the band? (Outside of Starman, which, you know, kind of speaks for itself.)

Most people have been less than sympathetic to Bachmann, I said I just thought it was cool they were playing a 25+ year old Fishbone song.. and still there's almost uniform agreement it was a shitty thing to do.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah... Love The Roots, but they clearly fucked up...

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

THE USUAL SUSPECTS!

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Ron Nessen just got an itch and doesn't know why.

Draft saved Draft deleted