1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The little guy strikes again.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

My man Gary Coleman is at it again. Here is his latest courtesy of AP.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) _ Gary Coleman has pleaded no contest to a disorderly conduct charge stemming from a September incident at a bowling alley.

The 40-year-old former star of "Diff'rent Strokes" was ordered to pay a $100 fine in a Payson court Tuesday. He also pleaded no contest to a reckless driving charge, which will be waived if he doesn't have any other violations within a year.

According to court documents, Coleman, his wife and his bodyguard were going bowling in Payson, about 60 miles south of Salt Lake City, when Colt Rushton took a few photos of Coleman with his cell phone camera and took a few more of Coleman's truck in the parking lot. Rushton's lawyer says Coleman's wife took Rushton's cell phone, a scuffle ensued and then Coleman ran into Rushton with his truck as he was backing out of the parking lot.

2. I'm ashamed to admit that I've given this story even one minute inside my "think machine" but why does Gary Coleman need a bodyguard if these situations are going to go down like this? Save the money for the lawyers.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

bodyguard? I was wondering what he was doing 60 miles south of Salt Lake City.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

just saw coleman and his wife on divorce court a few days ago. can you sink any lower when it comes to trying to get a little t.v. face time?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be another thread about someone getting around the checkout line at Wal-Mart.

6. dmc

dmc Guest

I thought it was going to be about Dustin Pedroia and his new contract.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This isn't about Mitchiepoo?

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I thought Mikey's drought was over...

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Gary Coleman is tall enough to drive?

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yes, as long as he's using the Toronto Yellow Pages and wearing those special blocks on his shoes.

To be honest, I saw "Gary Coleman" and "bowling alley" and thought it was gonna have something to do with dwarf bowling. Fooled again!!

11. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

A galaxy of prawns?

Three prawns are hardly a galaxy.

12. Only a prawn in their game.

Draft saved Draft deleted