1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The life of an Ohio Bobcat football player

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KP, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, it sure as hell was written like it was in the student paper.

2. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

If anyone wants to write the final people at parking services, the e-mail address is:
    parking@ohiou.edu

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

OU Parking Services can kiss my ass! They are vile, evil creatures.

That is all.

(yes, I'm still bitter).

And Ace, the student paper is probably better written than the Messenger.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I can vouch for that. I got a ticket on the College Park campus even though there still was time on my parking meter. I didn't notice that you had to be off the lot by 5 p.m. and it was 5:15. I fruitlessly challenged the ticket because the students weren't in town and it was a holiday.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I mean, it's a screed. Are sports writers supposed to write opinion pieces? How about quoting someone at parking services or the football office?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Why did you even pay it?

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Another ACC school should be in the running for all-time jerks in parking enforcement. Perhaps even worse than Maryland's.

When said school's parking punks get a response of "Is that pork I smell?" from one of the nicest guys I've ever had the privilege to know, that's pretty telling.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They'd withhold his diploma?

9. ondeadline

No, no. I was just visiting the area and parked there before taking the Metro downtown. I obviously made the wrong parking choice.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Then there's no reason to pay it.

11. ondeadline

Well, there's something about an official-looking letter threatening us with $200 in court costs if we don't pay that kind of got our attention.

12. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

As an alumnus of Illinois State, a high hard one up the giggy to the staff of Joe's Towing. If you've been to the Normal, Ill. campus, you know what I mean.

Draft saved Draft deleted