1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The least credible awards ever

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Jul 17, 2008.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

This is about as horrifying as Entertainment Weekly naming The Wire the 11th best TV show of the last 25 years.

Buffy? Friends? Cosby? SURVIVOR????

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It blows my mind that the Julia Louis Dreyfus show is still even on the air, much less getting nominated for anything.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't know anyone who has watched at least one entire season of The Wire who doesn't think it was one of the best -- if not the best -- shows ever on television.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Buffy is actually a really good show.

And, it is hard to hate on Friends considering how popular it was.

Survivor definitely shouldn't be on there, unless you are going to put American Idol in there as well.

As far as The Cosby Show, I don't know. I do remember watching it religiously growing up.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not a damn thing wrong with Friends, either. The Fab Six hype took away from what was one of the best-layered comedies ever.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yes, Buffy. Complex as hell. Survivor, however, is putrid.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If a show on that list is a reach, it's Lost or Buffy, which were and are still pretty good shows.

Survivor has lasted 17 seasons, I think and remains one of the top-rated shows. That should count for something.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

House is a fine show. Hugh Laurie is a fine actor, especially considering he has to work on his American accent every single moment. He's probably my favourite character on network TV.

That said, it's formulaic, episode driven television.

It's rank amateur hour compared to The Wire.

9. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I thought this was going to be about the Grammys.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I genuinely thought they would be about the ESPYs, given that they were handed out last night.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I've never seen The Wire so I can't compare, but I really enjoy Lost and House and I think they definitely deserve a nomination.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

three words: THE WEST WING.

that is all.

Draft saved Draft deleted