1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The laziest sports radio station on earth.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The local ESPN affiliate here hired some Syracuse grad to co-host a morning show. Nothing wrong with that.

But since he's an NFL fan, he started doing a countdown to kickoff, one-hour NFL show each Sunday. The show is taped on Friday, so he's out of luck whenever something happens on Saturday or Sunday morning to change lineups.

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Was at a high school game a few weeks back. Next to me was the local radio station. In its own little booth. As they did their broadcast, they were rattling off stats from our Football Tab. I know this because they had our Tab in hand while they did it. No credit.

I was both proud and pissed.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I can't get over the fact that a sports talk radio station, in SEC country, was recapping what happened at a cross-country meet.

4. chazp

chazp Active Member

The largest talk radio station in our state often starts their morning drive time show with, "Did you catch the article in the XXXXX News this morning? We want to get your take on it."
    LAZY, LAZY, LAZY.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

The redundancies in this thread, specifically the title, make it difficult to read/understand.

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I got no problem with that. In fact, I think it's awesome.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

As pathetic as the newspaper biz is, I pity those in radio. I remember as a kid getting the chance to meet a local rock DJ at a remote when it hit me, how lame must it be to have to come out here and have to meet people like me? Radio is one of those mediums I find absolutely pathetic when I think about it.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Moddy, get yer ass over here and share your lazy sports talk radio experience--and how you taught those dumb shits a lesson--post-haste.

Draft saved Draft deleted