1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Latest on Jason Collins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 9, 2013.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did he bang her or not?

If not, how could she possibly be surprised?

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Or maybe he spent some or all of those eight years in denial. Or he stayed with her out of comfort - people do this all the time. I'm certainly guilty of it. Should we judge Collins more harshly because his issue was that he was gay, while mine was that the girl wasn't pretty enough? I think I'm probably the bigger asshole here*.

*This is where I point out that YF is absolutely right. The girl deserved a heads-up that the story was dropping. If Jason Collins out-assholes me in this comparison, this is where he pulls ahead.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He'll be signed somewhere. I think the only question is whether a team is pressured to sign him, and we'll probably never know that.

It's not a reach to think he can get a job based on his basketball abilities, but it's not like there's going to be a bidding war for his services.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I think. Once the dust settles, someone will have a spot for a minimum-salary big man who has at least some functional purpose or at the very least doesn't need to be taught how to play. Those guys (hi, Juwan Howard!) tend to stick around a very long time.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The high road move was definitely to go bitch about it to Cosmo.

6. Mizzougrad96

Collins also knows his role and he's very aware of the importance that he's on a NBA roster at the beginning of next season.

I'm sure there are a couple teams that might shy away from signing him, but I will be stunned if he's not on a roster by the time camps open.

7. LongTimeListener

As bad as the Lakers are going to suck and with their new need in the middle, he probably wouldn't be totally terrible for them as a player. And the side benefits to the league are obvious.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe just anal so he could technically still claim "gay" status. Otherwise
    he really has to claim "bi".

Dick - I think this poor girl has a right to do anything she wants. Why should she
    be a party to what has become an elaborate social engineering process.

9. LongTimeListener

She clearly never read Cosmo's 8 Ways To Tell If Your Guy Is Gay feature.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The 15 man roster helps. Even a team which plays small and may not dress him for most games, he can serve as the third center. I think Clippers wouldn't be bad -- Doc likes him and after DeAndre, they don't really have a center.

11. Mizzougrad96

It wouldn't surprise me if he winds up on a California team, really any of them...

12. LongTimeListener

The Warriors just signed Jermaine O'Neal, so I think you can cross them off the list.

Draft saved Draft deleted