1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The latest from Walkerstan: Single parenthood leads to child abuse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belton

belton New Member

Please. Stop. With. Political. Stuff. On. This. Message. Board. And. Website. And. Twitterfeed.

There are PLENTY of other places to express your political opinions. This site exists for SPORTS journalism and as far as I know, the best one to keep in touch with colleagues in our business about our business. The political stuff gets tiresome and, in my opinion, dilutes the effectiveness of the website. The people who are coming here to say politician A is an idiot and a dick are sucking the oxygen out of this room.

If you hate Scott Walker, Andrew Brietbart, Bill Maher, Barack Obama, fine. Just go write about it about somewhere else.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ummm, welcome?

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And now you are certainly a ward of the Democrat Party. Right?
    Sorry about your dad. Mine died when I was a kid, so I'm right (left?) there with you.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Oh, and good luck with that belton. You don't have to read the threads syou don't like you know? It's not just a sports journalism site, BTW. But welcome to you.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Greatest speech since:

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wow

Dude could be me.
    We are very close to being back to no politics. Mods will discuss this weekend. Some of you folks, on both sides, are unreal

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Go get us some popcorn and beer newbie, and while you are at it pipe down. You need to have 1000 posts before anybody gives a shit what you have to say, particularly when you are trying to tell people what to talk about.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I come here for the 100 threads comparing the best gamer.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Just locked a thread that was about 20 pages overdue for it. I think I know where my vote will be cast.

Everyone. Chill pill.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is probably getting me thrown out for a few days, but I don't care. It's like a coach getting a technical on purpose at this point.

Discussing politics isn't the problem. A tiny handful of assholes is the problem. And once again we're about ti solve the problem by banning politics and keeping the assholes.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Definition of assholes to most of the partisan people on these threads: "Anybody who disagrees with me......"

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

This.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.