1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The latest from Bleacher Report

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Screwball, Nov 1, 2012.

1. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

Does anyone except like 4 people make money over at BR? It's not like they are on a revenue share deal like examiner, rantsports.com and fansided.

2. TurnTwo2

TurnTwo2 Member

I think a good chunk of people actually make money over there now. I couldn't tell you how much they're making, but I know the entire "Breaking News" team is paid.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This. I hate copy editors who think they know all because they have the style book down pat but can't recognize a dangling modifier or incorrect verb tense. Accuracy, grammar, then style.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not to be a smartass, because I truly don't know - what has this breaking news team broken?

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Breaking news teams generally aren't responsible for doing the breaking as much as the reacting. I can't speak for Bleacher Report except to add that they have a policy against direct sourcing. Their breaking-news team probably attempts to figure out what is driving traffic at any moment, in order to win Google searches.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Huh?

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It's never too late to recognize the ugliness of "prior to." :)

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Breaking news teams respond to major crimes/emergencies. What's not to get? Investigative journalists are not breaking news journalists.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Thank you, Riptide. Prior to your post, I hadn't really thought about it.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Your more than welcome. That goes without saying.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You get my first annual "Most unique poster" award.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I thought I was a shoo-in. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted