1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last time you were ID'd

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Aug 17, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Three weeks ago in Florida.. company policy... I might not look my age, but I sure as hell look over 21...

2. wheateater

wheateater Member

I got carded buying Grand Theft Auto 4 a few months ago. Couldn't believe it.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

My sister-in-law got carded last week. She's 44. I haven't been carded in at least five years (I'm 41).

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I got carded at a club two weeks ago. I'm 34. I haven't gotten carded at a store for beer in a while.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Walmart cards me every time I use my credit card, or try to buy something with an R-rating. I'd have more respect for them being the only store that does this, if they weren't, you know, Walmart.

6. blueview

blueview Member

Old girl at the club, huh? #chrisrock

7. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I think the law says that anyone that appears to be younger than 40 has to be carded. Maybe 30.

I get my I'd out anytime I'm about to purchase anything that is she controled. But I never get carded.

8. imjustagirl

It's a gay club. Counting the queens, I'm about 20 years younger than some. :D

9. Flash

Flash Active Member

I got carded a few weeks ago. I think it was a pity call.

And oh yeah, hi, IJAG.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm 54 and look 154. Yet I got carded earlier this summer. One of those places that cards everybody as they walk in - obviously.

But the last time I got carded because someone wondered if I was old enough? I have no recollection. Been a long time.

11. imjustagirl

Where the hell have you BEEN?

Glad you're back, even if it's limited.

12. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I was in my hometown a few months ago. Apparently, the shopping mall has been having problems with crime and kids behaving poorly. I'm 26 and got ID'd and told to wear a wristband when I entered the door. I thought the guy was joking. He wasn't. I don't mind getting ID'd as I've tended bar and worked in a movie theater. However, I'm not going to wear a neon yellow wristband just to go to Dillard's.

Draft saved Draft deleted