1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Last Temptation of Izzo: Week 2, Favre-style

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jun 14, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

YOU LEAVE HIM ALONE HE FOUND OUT HIS MOM IS HAVING SEX WITH ONE OF HIS TEAMMATES!!!!!

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

And if the Spurs didn't tank 1996-97 (woe is us, Robinson is hurt!) and land Duncan, he'd be in D-III right now. Even Phil Jackson thinks Popovich rides the coattails of others to coaching success.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Lebron's mom has got it goin' on
    Lebron's mom has got it goin' on
    LeBron's mom has got it goin' on
    LeBron's mom has got it goin' on

4. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Michigan State coach says N to the Izzo to Cavs.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Mom? Shitbreak?"

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Gilbert threw a lot of money at him, but just like the tourism ads that he appeared in, Izzo's "Pure Michigan." I just couldn't see him taking the job. Even as someone who has always preferred U of M to MSU, Izzo without MSU and vice versa is just kind of wrong.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Did Izzo announce yet? I watched the presser but I didn't hear him say anything of value, he just spent the whole time arguing with Lynn Henning.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, the univesity president, Simon, and AD, Hollis, each talked for about 5 minutes, then Izzo talked for 15-20 minutes, then opened up the floor for questions. Henning was about 3rd in line and hijacked the whole shebang, basically pissing and moaning because Izzo hadn't returned his phone calls.

9. Didn't watch the presser, but a friend did and he told me the same thing. Can't say I'm surprised. Henning totally fell of his rocker with his "Izzo can't come back" column where he came off like a jilted lover. Tom's right, Lynn. You shouldn't bitch about being in the "circle of information..."

Sounds like this guy's "circle of trust:"

[​IMG]

...if you don't cover MSU bball. Why wasn't the Det News' regular MSU beat writer working this? Talk about a blown opportunity.

10. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Detroit News' 1-A main hed today: 'I am here for life'

Detroit Free Press' 1-A main hed today: 'I am here for life'

11. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Everyone needs great players. But the people I talk to really believe Pop is a terrific coach.

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

In the end, it seemed to me that the guy's position came down to this: The media got no information from MSU, so the only other option was to make stuff up.
    Am I reading that wrong?

Draft saved Draft deleted