1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Last Analog QB

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Brett Favre = The last "Play" QB

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Really sad. We get the Sunday Times and I always have enjoyed the indepth articles in Play. Better articles than in my SI.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Football for the most part has always been that way. Its a serious sport played by serious people which is what makes it great.

4. Faithless

Faithless Member

Eli Manning = Force Ten
    Trent Edwards = Losing It
    Kurt Warner, Kerry Collins = Time Stand Still
    Daunte Culpepper = Ghost Rider
    Brady Quinn = Out of the Cradle
    Michael Vick = Nobody's Hero, Dog Years

5. AD

AD Active Member

i threw this out on the other board and it got no play, so in the spirit of craft i'll try and kick it off here: what'd you make of the piece? i felt bad for the macgregor, because he got no access and that is nightmare-time. it felt like the times just figured it HAD to do a favre piece, NOW, and without any way to move the story forward somehow, the writer was reduced to paragraphs of rif. now, i'm not against a good rif here and there, and few can do it as well as macgregor. but all rif and not much new? high-wire act, without much payoff. you can't help but be impressed by the skill. but at this point i can't remember a word.

Draft saved Draft deleted