1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Last American Virgin

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Mar 27, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

No, this is not my running thread. :D The movie is on VH-1 Classic right now. I remember seeing it a million years ago and marveling at all the boobies. Of course, those are nowhere to be found here, but what a great early '80s soundtrack. I also vaguely recall a downer of an ending, which is probably approaching as I type.

Anyway, for those of you who were not in elementary school at that time, where did this rank in the early 80s canon of coming of age flicks? How far behind Fast Times...how far ahead of Hot Dog! The Movie? :D

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm like three years younger than you and I've never even heard of this movie.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was not the comment I expected when I saw you'd replied.

I'm not sure if I'm pleased or disappointed. :D

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

So you're not saying that this movie isn't about your life story, BYH? ;D

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I SAID THIS WASN'T MY RUNNING THREAD!!!!!

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I remember the movie, and I remember being pissed off at not getting to see it (unlike "Fast Times," unlike "Porky's"). By the time I could have seen it, I no longer wanted to. After "Porky's," it would've been a step backward, you know?

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Oh, damn. :D

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I actually have this on DVD. My wife gave it to me for Christmas like two years ago. That and Porky's. There was probably a message somewhere, I have no idea what.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's actually Mrs. BYH's running thread.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i dug the hell out of this movie back in the day. it wasn't a fast times, more of a sleeper. think valley girl good.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and here you go, beej (NSFW): http://www.mrskin.com/data/features/213/franklin-lastamerican-1.jpg

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

just to keep you happy (NSFW): http://www.nitrovideo.com/moviedb/the_last_american_virgin/images/diane_franklin@last_american_virgin_004.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted