1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The King is gone, but the fries still suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, May 31, 2011.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

For a short while they had cheese tater tots, which made it worth it to invest in a combo meal again. Now onion haters like myself have nowhere to turn.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll say this about the King - better breakfast menu.

3. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Wendy's new fries suck ... wonder what BK plans to change. I think it may be the best fast food of the three (Mickey D's, Wendy's)

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

The only thing I would touch at BK is the grilled chicken sammich, dry. Their other "food" sucks giant T-Rex balls, guaranteed to induce emesis.

Wendy's new fries rule.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My area got one of the redesigned BK's about a month ago. It still sucks.

But I will agree with DanO on one thing: their breakfast menu is infinitely better than Mickey D's and Wendy's.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Really? I love McD's breakfast, McGriddle is amazing. If they sold breakfast all day long I'd be Burl Ives.

Chik-fil-a has the best breakfast. The chicken-biscut is like getting a blow job while watching your team win the Super Bowl

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I forgot about Chick-Fil-A's menu.

It's still better than Mickey D's or Wendy's, but BK is No. 2 behind Chick-Fil-A.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Never understood the whole anti-BK fries thing. I've always thought they've been superior to their McDonalds' counterparts (then again, that isn't very hard).

9. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

That ad with Don Shula from a few years back was timeless (the one where the King dumps Gatorade on Shula and then you can read Shula's lips mouthing, "I knew it was you, you ass hole."

The one thing the world could use more of is the King spliced into football highlights.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I take it you haven't tried anything on KFC's menu lately. Has to be the worst large-chain fast food place.

11. Hate-Miser2

Hate-Miser2 Member

I think BK has gone way downhill as a whole in the last few years, and like somebody said, the restaurants have seemed to get more and more dirty every time I make the mistake of giving them another chance. The only dirtier fast food place I've been in are the Hardee's around here.

The food quality has nosedived, too. The last time I was there, and got a Whopper, the top bun was like biting into styrofoam. Obviously very stale, and I could barely recognize the ass-end of a rotten tomato slice on there. We've even had 2 BK locations close (out of probably 6 total in our city) in the last couple months.

Has anyone tried one of those Whopper bars they have in certain spots? I love the idea, but wonder about the quality.

To whoever badmouthed Wendy's fries, I couldn't disagree more. The natural cut with sea salt have taken over my No. 1 spot when it comes to fast food fries.

12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

BK's fries are ass. No chain's burgers are really that great, at least not around here. My first choice is usually the mom-and-pop place that's two blocks from the office. And some days, I'd probably actually take a Sonic burger over the others.

McDonald's may be the only burger place in the world where I'd rather have the regular burger over the Angus. They do something wrong there. Dunno what, but it ain't right.

But if given a choice, I'd go to ... Hardee's and have a hot ham and cheese. Nearest one is 22 miles away, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted