1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The King is gone, but the fries still suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, May 31, 2011.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Burger King is launching a large-scale makeover of its restaurants and menu:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/30/2242557/burger-king-goes-for-new-look.html

Those commercials with the King were hilarious, so I'm distraught by this passage:

One thing you won’t see much of in Burger King’s U.S. advertising or promotions is the King. He’s on an extended vacation as Burger King moves away from the edgy marketing targeting young males that Miami ad agency Crispin Porter used to make the brand relevant in pop culture.

2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

That shit was "edgy?"

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I used to like BK's fries, back when they tasted exactly like McDonald's. But then they changed the formula a few years back, and now, they do suck.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. shockey

shockey Active Member

been at LEAST 12 years since i last had 'BK' meal. always preferred the whopper (no cheese) to a big mac and the onion rings to their french fries. has anything much changed? ??? ??? ???

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He'll be back.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

BK french fries are universally disliked. I don't see how it's possible for such a large organization to come up with something so bad.

Have to say though that Whopper is at top of list of best fast food burgers.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Burgers good; fries bad; advertising incoherent, 1967 - present.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Herb doesn't know what you are talking about.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

i will say that Tony Stewart was the most believable spokesperson for their product. I completely believe he eats a Whopper each and every day.

And, yes, their fries are hot garbage.

12. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

My biggest problem with BK is that most of their restaurants seem to be really outdated and/or dirty. Their burgers are good, I like the onion rings, don't hate the fries, but the rest of the menu stinks.

Draft saved Draft deleted