1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The kindness of others

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by AMacIsaac, Oct 8, 2009.

1. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

For reasons I'd rather not go into, I had a remarkably crappy summer.

This week, someone from this site made an incredible generous offer, which will allow me to reconnect with family and - finally - meet my nine- and seven-year-old nieces.

An individual from another site sent me a gift pack of goodies from his home state -- Hawaiian coffee and chocolates and shell jewelry.

As much as I hated that movie, Pay It Forward, please know that when I get the opportunity to do so, I shall.

To the kind individuals - and the few others in whom I've confided - my sincere thanks.

Just when I think we're a bunch of strangers bitching and moaning on a site that could disappear tomorrow, someone proves me wrong.

Cheers.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Love you, AMac. And I mean that.

Someday, you will get all the happiness and trust and love that you deserve.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

perfectly said. and ditto.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

*hugs* as always

And I'm a fan of this quote: "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

You've got a good heart, AMac. Hang in there.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Given the distance and general family situation, it's hard to picture anyone deserving it more, AMac. That's great news.

Take care ...

7. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Thanks, y'all. The world feels a little smaller tonight.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I'm glad things are looking up for you, AMac. And have fun with the nieces and nephews!

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Eventually, good things really do happen to good people and there are few better than AMac.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

To someone who has been immensely gracious to me in the past, agree with all of these things. You deserve it.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

AMac, you deserve nothing but happiness. Hopefully that time comes quickly for you.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

You rock, AMac. And I'll echo all the kind thoughts that have come from the posters before me. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted