1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kansas City Hornets of the NBA?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If my math is correct, they would need to draw 15,083 fans for the next four games to prevent the clause from kicking in.

(13,826 fans times the nine games is 124,434. 14,213 times 13 is 184,769. Subtract that from the 124, 434 and you get 60,335. Divide that by the four remaining games).

You would hope an extra 1,200 fans would show up, just to shove it up Shinn's ass.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Sperling found Jeff Vinik for the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning, which appears to be a huge find. Interesting to see what he can do here.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Both approve.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Didn't this happen with the 1989 Cleveland Indians? The year they caught fire in the second half and beat the Yankees in a one-game playoff to win the AL East?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

There's only one thing the Hornets can do.

Win the whole fucking thing.

6. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

just for the retro uni sales alone [​IMG]

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

How serious of a candidate was Chicago for relocation when the Grizzlies moved? I say move the Hornets to Vancouver.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Des Moines has a new arena too.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Bravo sir, bravo.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Aren't the Kings threatening to move too?

11. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

The Hornets shouldn't have been in New Orleans in the first place. There wasn't any reason to think that they would have been successful there.

And I don't see the NBA working again in K.C. It just seems like too much of a college basketball town.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I agree.

KC built that arena to keep the Big 12 hoops tournament but it needs a permanent tenant fill as many other dates as possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted