1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Journalist Assignment of a Lifetime For the Ladies of SJ

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Boom_70, Feb 2, 2010.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I meant to add that I'm confident that this wasn't the first time Rupert Murdoch has spent his money on hookers.

One of the photos is especially hilarious as a mirror is in the background and you can see them from behind and also the camera flash.

Editor: Here's the assignment, I want to send you and Mandy out to Nevada for a story and photo spread
    Photog: Awesome
    Editor: She's going to do a story on brothels
    Photog: Awesomer
    Editor: It is a male hooker and we'll want photos of them in the shower as they examine each others genitals
    Photog: What the fuck
    Editor: No, really, I've examined Mandy's genitals and I'll think they'll make fine photos and dude could have a package. You'd think a male hooker is pretty well hung
    Photog: Umm, no. I'll give a point and shoot and some lessons but I ain't going
    Editor: This is a big deal, people will eat it up. We'll sell all kinds of copies.
    Photog: Tell Mandy to have a good time

2. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

Not saying she should have slept with the guy, but what did she info did she get for her story that she couldn't have gotten by saying "I'm a reporter with the NY Post and would like to do an interview with you." Other than obviously getting her vagina inspected. Can't imagine he wouldn't have wanted the attention of a write-up, and she couldn't offer any insight into if he'd be worth the money for any desperate ladies. So what was the point in pretending to be a customer? Pretty lame.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Surprised that she did not flip all the cards. After all she did let the guy get to third. Obviously he was not blessed with the hands and touch of a safe cracker.

If they really want to sell some papers her next trip should be to see Greg Oden.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm nothing if not classy. :)

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A true test of the Post's health plan, that would be

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

If any story cried out for video...Murdoch's an ass.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Could prove to a medical breakthrough if you could attach a camera to the end of that thing.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Kate McDowell is heading to Nevada to ask the prostidude how he deals with the flecks of poop

9. Yes because of course, it's as simple as that, you fucking idiot.

10. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I bet they sold some papers with that one!

Draft saved Draft deleted