1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Journalism Bowl: Ohio vs. Missouri, this week!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BB Bobcat, Sep 18, 2006.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I thought all the power has transferred to Rock Bridge. Besides, who is afraid of a Kewpie?

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Seriously, who is afraid of a stupid doll?

3. doubledown68

Forget the Jays, too. I remember when they called our school in the playoffs, asking if we were going to have enough bleachers to accommodate all the folks making the trek. Then we sent you home with a last-minute field goal. Those bleachers emptied rather quickly.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

What game was that? Rockhurst? A Springfield school? I'm trying to remember who the Jays usually play in the playoffs. My senior year we had 26 seniors and they won like three games. That was the beginning of the downfall of the poor Jays. At least this year, they look damn good.

5. joe

joe Active Member

Bruins kicking ass again this year. Kewpies stink.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I saw that on the news when I was home for a couple weeks. Went to see the Jays and saw a lot of positive signs in the game. Their QB is also their kicker, which surprised me, but if he gets it done, he gets it done. I ain't going to complain.

7. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Dammit, Chris, you didn't even have to drive to Chicago and write about that shit game. That road trip sucked. So did Ohio's loss to Missouri.

For the record, don't know about all the other Ohio alums, but I was working, so I couldn't really defend my school. Not much to defend, I guess.

Dools, hate to admit it, but you wound up being right. Lucky jerk.

8. doubledown68

Oak Park in the fall of '96. Damn I'm getting old.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I was definitely in eighth grade. Yeah, then the next year the Jays won the state championship and lost in the championship a year later. I should not remember this much from high school.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

At least we still have our top 10 ranking among party school, right?

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Ohio U will always be the best party school.

12. doubledown68

Check out the new No. 25 team... who knew you could get so good by playing nobody? I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Draft saved Draft deleted