1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The joke that is Tim Legler

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Just saw him with Greg Anthony while making his 234th consecutive pick for Miami to win a game. I'm serious, has anybody seen this guy NOT pick Miami win a game.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Why does him liking Miami make him a joke?

I've known Tim for about a billion years. He has more brains in his fingernails than you - or many others - have anywhere.

In an NBA knowledge war, I like his chances better than yours. No offense to you. I'd say that about most people.

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

He's been right more times than wrong with Miami.

If he was still picking the Knicks to win every game he'd be a joke.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Every game though? I mean sure, if you like Miami, that's all right. But if you think that they're going to win every game, there's something wrong.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I thought Brook would get a hit every time up. And I think we (old folks) all know how horribly wrong that was.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He's giving his opinion. He thinks the Heat is a better team than the Mavs. Nothing wrong with that.

7. Chuck~Taylor

You're right, there's nothing wrong with that. But picking them to win every game?

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

CT, did you not read the post you just quoted?

9. Chuck~Taylor

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with saying that the Heat are better with the Mavs. But if you're picking the Heat to win EVERY game during the playoffs, it starts to get REALLY bad. It's like he's their local broadcaster. And I'm not sure you're reading what I'm saying.

10. Hockeybeat just outed himself as working for Sports Illustrated.

Draft saved Draft deleted