1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Internet dating world is a cesspool

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I will go back to being a perv.

So, if you do hugging this time, do you go for some accidental side boob as you reach around?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Not with her, but I got an accidental boob touch in last night trying to lead date to seats in the dark theater.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I get that you are trying to have some fun with the thread. I had something similar to the first date story happen to me, so it had me laughing with you.

That said, I'm going to do more killing stories with serious advice. Why not just assume the signs of interest are real? Hell, give her a chance to be honest with you at least until she proves she is not.

More importantly, I can tell you that every single lasting regret I ever had related to dating was something I didn't do or try. I never even gave a second thought to the times I tried and it did not work.

4. RickStain

There's emotional knowledge and there's intellectual knowledge.

Intellectually, I know the basics of how to tell when a woman is interested. BTHP messages or texts me spontaneously, asks me questions about my life, agrees to dates. Holy balls, her response to my "that was fun" message included the phrase "I hope RESTAURANT met with your approval," and if that isn't woman-speak for "I find your aloofness attractive and want your validation" then I don't know what is.

But emotionally, I still spend every second of every date I've been on (I think we're up to 7 since the divorce was finalized in January) with Imposter Syndrome. The little voice saying "You don't belong here, she's only here with you to be nice, she's laughing in her head at the idea that you thought you could date her, you're lucky she's not laughing in your face but she's too nice."

There's nothing I can do about it but do my best to fake it until I slowly start to feel more comfortable. I'm doing better than I was when this all started. Each date I feel a little bit more comfortable. It's just gonna take some time and practice.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

At which point you're wondering where the HELL is the camera...

6. Vombatus

I can understand some of the insecurity.

I tried screwing in a barn once. Had trouble mounting my girlfriend and she said "You're fucking the hay bale."

7. RickStain

And if she did, it'd be the last few minutes of my life. But worth it.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You're not just a perv, dude.
    You're a Wombat Perv. How was the hay bale? :eek:

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Freq will be dragging a hay bale out to his cornfield.

10. Vombatus

Dried hay hurts. Feels like you are trying to poke another hole into the tip of your dick.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Had to encourage him, didn't you, Riptide?

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Outing alert. Rick Stain is this guy:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted