1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Internet dating world is a cesspool

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The dating world period is a cesspool. I have told my friends that if I ever do decide to do Internet dating, just shoot me and get it over with. I haven't been on a date in four years and I still can't bring myself to go sign up for a dating site. (I did go and look for guys in my last zip code on plenty of fish. That was terrifying. Mostly because 95 percent of the guys said the same thing. Something about wanting a down to earth girl and they loved huntin', fishin', riding four-wheelers and raising hell. Some even listed their favorite brand of beer.)

But yeah, being a girl, there's something inherently scary about dating someone online. I can see myself going out for coffee and ending up dead in a ditch.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's not just that zip code.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I went to plentyoffish, but immediately exited when I realized it was Plenty of Fish, not Plenty Offish, which is more in keeping with my personality.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That had better be some damn good coffee.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He'll, from what I understand, sj has been a match.com for some. And talk about a cesspool... :D

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm the dead in a ditch.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Did you at least have coffee first?

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Oh, I know. But I went through 20 pages of limited profiles and there was only one that I would have even considered contacting. I know it's not the best dating site out there but it was still amusing and scary all at the same time.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Making you the ideal sexual partner for more than a few people on SportsJournalists.com.

10. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Mr. C

Dude, drop Match.com. It is not worth the $. Try OKCupid or meetup.com which are both free.

11. Do you like Pina Coladas? Taking walks in the rain? Are you not into health food? Do you have half a brain?

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We both enjoy soup, and talking, and not talking.

We can not talk for hours and still find things to not talk about.

Draft saved Draft deleted