1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Carell
    Buscemi
    Carey
    Wilde
    Gandolfini
    Mohr
    Garrett
    Arkin

This could either be A. VERY very funny, or B. end up being a horrific flop.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can't wait to see it, but I think it will underwhelm at the Box Office.

I wonder what the budget was.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Carrey. For Christ's sake.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

$30 million. Which seems fairly cheap.

5. Mizzougrad96

With that cast, I would say so...

Carell was on the Nerdist podcast this week and said that this was a case of a everybody wanting to work together, especially him, Carrey, Wilde and Gandolfini... I know they always say that, but if they did this for $30 million. They might be being truthful...

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

When was the last time any of these actors was really that funny in a big role? It's been at least five years, right?

7. Mizzougrad96

Carell hasn't been doing the big comedies lately... Despicable Me was hilarious... I didn't really care for Crazy, Stupid Love, but I know it was pretty well-received.

My kids liked the Penguin movie that Carrey made... I thought it was OK... Carrey hasn't worked a ton in the last few years...

The other two aren't really known as comic actors, although Wilde has been in some funny things, like The Change Up, which I liked, but nobody else did...

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It seems to me like there is almost no chance this movie gets favorable reviews. That's not to say it won't be funny or be a hit, though.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

They can all work for scale, but take points in the box office and the DVD sales in case it's a runaway hit.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think that's what a lot of the big names do (Clooney,Pitt,Wahlberg, etc). Take a smaller number up front. Get a little bit bigger piece of the box, and a little bit bigger piece of the DVD.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Carrey is turning into the white version of Eddie Murphy, though he was never as funny a comdeian as Eddie

Draft saved Draft deleted