1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The horrors within, aka my childhood memories stashed in my mom's closet

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Dec 4, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

see, I thought we were jalking about pants made from nylon materia that kinda looked like parachute material. Had no idea you could actuall parachute in them ...

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Mine is still in a downstairs closet at my parents' house. A few years ago, I needed to run out and start one of the cars in the winter and I couldn't find my coat. Mom says "Well your old red jacket is in that closet, take it." So I took it. Oh man. That was depressing. It didn't fit so well.

I know what you mean about that jacket meaning so much to you in HS though. My school's letters were too big to fit on a jacket (of course, they fixed this the year after I graduated), but the store that sold the letterman jackets sold small sport-specific patches...i.e. a winged foot for track and XC, a small baseball for baseball, etc etc. Technically, you could get the jacket and the patches without being a letterman, but I couldn't think of a more loserific thing to do than THAT. So Xmas of my junior year was a pretty big deal, getting that jacket after I finally earned my first letter in XC (lay off me, I sucked!).

Draft saved Draft deleted