1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Heinz Files

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Jul 25, 2011.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

2. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Never heard of him. Does he write for Grantland? Is he big enough to warrant a BioFile?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sounds like the kind of writer who won't listen to a recent college grad... just one of those old guys who know everything...

4. Simon

Simon Active Member

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

My guess is these stories will all be from this handy little collection everyone should own: http://www.amazon.com/What-Time-Was-W-c-Heinz/dp/0306810433/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1311667430&sr=1-2

I can't say enough about it. If you own any single sports writer's "best of" collection, make it this one.

Of note: Alex Belth was the editor for Pat Jordan's "best of" collection, which is also worth a read.

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

That's a great frackin' story!!

Bookmarked. Can't wait for the rest.

Just ordered the collection, too... an excellent used copy for ONE cent! Unreal.

Thanks for sharing, SFE.

7. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

If you go to the old Best Sports Stories series, you'll find a few Heinz stories that don't show up in his collections. I read a great one about Marciano the other day.

YHS, etc

8. onceuponaX

onceuponaX New Member

Wonderful writing _ many thanks for the heads-up.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted