1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Haul

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I know. Christmas is about giving and not receiving. Tis better to give than receive and all that.
    All true. Part of the fun, too, is getting cool things! My kids did me up right.

From my daughter, via my favorite shoe store:

[​IMG]

From my son:

[​IMG]

He also got me a couple of shirts to go with it.

Got Outback gift cards as well as Barnes and Noble gift cards. A dear family friend made me a travel mug with pictures of my family and friends all over it with a Starbucks gift card inside.

My family takes care of me, way too well.

You?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I have no idea what I'm getting until next week. :(

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

My mom gave me $50, every penny of which I needed to pay to have the tow truck the cops called for my "abandoned" car NOT tow it away. Luckily, though, I arrived on the scene just in time for some holiday extortion, or I'd currently be searching Southwest Missouri for said car, spending the night in a gas station and missing work for at least three days.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If shirts with the collars like the one in that picture are back in style, then I just got five more Christmas presents from my closet.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Moderator1

Mine have regular collars

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Please tell me that the picture you found is a really current one. (And a Merry Christmas to you, Moddy. :) )

7. Moderator1

Yeah, the jacket is current. Those aren't the shirts he got.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I got a Kindle and am really enjoying it. If all goes well I'll be getting myself a car.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Got an xbox 360 and some clothes.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I actually did receive one of the coolest gifts I've ever gotten. These:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I got a book that only I would love and some new T-shirts. And my mom offered to pay my car insurance for a month for me :)

12. Moderator1

Here's the actual shirt - I got a maroon one and some orange-y color I can't describe.

So that coat with two of these shirts and those cool shoes were my main haul.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted