1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The hardest I ever laughed was ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecoveringJournalist, Sep 30, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Amazing how flat it became when they tried to make it a recurring sketch. The charm of the first one was that all of the actors were laughing their asses off.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I will echo everyone's comments on "Something About Mary" in the theatre--that's the most collective laughs I've experienced watching a movie.

Gaffigan always does it for me. Was listening recently to a show of his on Sirius and the McDonalds bit had me rolling.

Maybe not the hardest, but the Family Guy Back to the Future episode was one consistent laugh all through the first time I saw it.

Saw the mention of the WKRP turkey episode, but the one where Gordon Jump used cocaine as foot powder and his reaction when he learns about it was priceless

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Gaffigan always kills it.

The first time I heard Brian Regan do the "Donut Lady" bit, I had tears rolling down my face.

4. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

"What does the yellow light mean?"

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

First thought, and I told of this in another thread a long time ago, was the time I went to a Richard Jeni performance. About and hour and a half show and I don't think I went more than 30 seconds without laughing really hard. My stomach was sore for two days.

Back when I had XM radio and would listen to the comedy channel on the way home from work, John Pinette's "Get Out of the Line" bit had me almost running the car off the road.

In the theater, I remember "Airplane," "Home Alone" and "Wayne's World," having me laugh pretty hard.

Not necessarily me, but a couple of times I was watching with my mom and saw her laugh the hardest she ever did. The first was the campfire scene from "Blazing Saddles."

The second was an episode of "Newhart." It was one of the early season when they had the Kirk character who originally owned the Minuteman Cafe. He was getting married to his girlfriend and at one point they showed Larry and the Darryls sitting in the audience. Larry caught one of the Darryls eating a sandwich he smuggled in, so Larry took it away, opened up his shirt pocket and dropped the half-eaten sandwich in it. My mom saw that and started laughing so hard I thought she was going to pass out.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

They showed this SNL episode last weekend before the season premier-- amazing the things they could say back then without getting picketed by any number of rights groups.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

God, that skit made me laugh till I cried.

Someone above threw in Richard Pryor's "That Nigger's Crazy" album, and that's another one. I laughed till I nearly wet myself the first time I heard that one.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Chris Rock certainly belongs in this discussion.
    Not in his words, but in one of his bits, he asks all the guys in the audience if they brought their dates to the concert figuring they'd get layed afterward. "That makes me your agent. I want my 10 percent."

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

The shit hitting the fan in Airplane - saw it in the theatre when I was 10

A lot of scenes from Ted - surprised it hasn't gotten a mention

Kyle's mom's a bitch

The penis drawings in Superbad

Borat

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Whoever mentioned the Rick James episode is dead on. That had me and my college friends rolling for weeks.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Have it on the DVR, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

From Airplane:
    Johnny, what do you make of this?
    Well, I can make a hat, or a brooch, or pterodactyl ...

THERE'S A SALE AT PENNEY'S!!

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Funniest scene of that movie, to me, was when Ted was working in the grocery store and seeing what he could get away with. NSFW-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCsxFlxBTd8
    "I fucked her with a parsnip last week. And I sold the parsnip to a family with four small children."
    I laughed so hard during that scene.

Draft saved Draft deleted