1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hangover

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by maberger, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Razor take there, SG

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Well, sadly for Ferrel then, his 12-year-old character, dumb redneck character and ELF character are the same as his 40-year-old Anchorman character.

It's the same schtick. Every character is the same way in the fact that Ferrel is going to act like a child in some sense of the movie.

In Talladega Nights - He ran around screaming saying "save me baby jesus."
    In step brothers he was a pure retard. The movie was incredibly over the top, the plot was solid, but the execution was not there, they could have been so much more funny. Cal Naughton Jr. -- whatever his real name is... is not funny. Sorry.

I guess my main beef with Ferrel is step brothers. If they would have made that movie 15 years ago with Chris Farley and David Spade it would have been 10x funnier.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

To quote the man himself in Anchorman, when arguing about whether or not "San Diego" is indeed German for "a whale's vagina:" Agree to Disagree.

And ... let me get this straight ... you're complaining about one-note acting on one hand ... and then clamoring for Farley and Spade on the other?

I'm as big a Farley fan as there is/was ... but you can't tell me he didn't play the same character in every movie, too. Tommy Boy, Tommy Boy II, Tommy Boy Goes West in the 1800s.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Farley had a few more clubs in his bag.

Honestly, if Ferrell can do one (1) comedy where he manages to keep his shirt and pants on and his voice at a normal pitch, he might have a chance of winning over some of his critics.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I don't think he really cares. Seems to be doing OK for himself.

Did he really run around nude in Anchorman? Because I don't remember that part.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I haven't seen The Hangover yet, but so many people thought Wedding Crashers was great?? I thought the first 45 minutes were hilarious but after that it really dropped off.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There are hundreds of chopless actors in Hollywood who are doing more than OK for themselves. Brittney Spears is doing OK for herself.

And that's all fine, but being taken seriously is another matter.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I'm pretty sure "being taken seriously" is the last thing a comedian wants.

9. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

Dr. Faggot....paging Dr. Faggot

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

IMHO, the second half of the movie fares much better on repeat views.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Oh man, I forgot that was him. Up In Them Guts was awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I have seen it three or four times and it is still not as good as the first part.

Draft saved Draft deleted