1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hangover

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by maberger, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Sly

Sly Active Member

I wasn't going to see this movie, but after reading this thread, I think I'm going to find the time. Still, I'll do so with caution, given all the love for Superbad that went around these parts. That was a horrible, godawfull, not funny flick.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's how I view Knocked Up. Christ, that was so funny, I couldn't breathe at parts.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

If you thought Superbad was "horrible, godawful and not funny" then I'm guessing this movie is not for you. Maybe stick to "comedies" starring Matthew McConaughey.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Stepbrothers was fucking awesome. So many funny lines. So I don't really know what to make of this post. Does not compute.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

On Facebook, somebody said it's sold out on a Monday night in Orlando.

6. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

I checked out the series of Between Two Ferns interviews over on Funny or Die after someone ... who was that? ... have to thank that person ... mentioned them a couple pages earlier ...

Go watch them. ZG is so uncomfortably funny. So funny.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Saw that The Hangover finished number one at the box office. Great headline potential.
    "Hangover throws Up off the top spot."

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I agree. There were some great lines and gags.
    Kathryn Hahn was hysterical and I loved the "Sweet Child of Mine" performance in the car.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Stepbrothers just shows how much funnier comedies can be when they're not worried about preserving their precious PG-13 rating.

When Hangover 2 comes out, some studio prick will say, "The first one made $150 million (I'm guessing). Imagine how much more it could make if kids could see it." and we'll get a sequel without nudity, the f-word and off-color jokes.

Because execs are that fucking dumb.

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Hangover 2 will probably also star Jim Carrey.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Will Ferrell would throw on a funny nose and glasses and run around in his underwear for half a movie if he thought somebody would pay him for it.

And, yeah, the guy has definitely made the same movie six times in a row. And he'll probably do it six more times in a row after this. Because he has no range.

12. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

So?

And, so?

Draft saved Draft deleted