1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hangover

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by maberger, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

I concur.

2. maberger

maberger Member

if you've seen the trailer, you've seen the spoilers. And it doesn't matter; it's that funny, even if you know where the jokes are.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Critics I know said every funny moment was in the trailers.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Unless your critics found a 96-minute trailer, I disagree with them.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not even remotely close to being true... It would have been nice if they had kept the Tyson cameo a secret, but such is life...

I am usually a very harsh critic of comedies, but I laughed almost non-stop though this one.

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Most of the actual movie critics I've read say it sucked. Which, of course, means it is awesome.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I still liked Old School better than the Hangover, but I've never laughed harder in a movie theater than I did the first time I watched American Pie.

8. BRoth

BRoth Member

Warner Bros asked the director and writer to start working on a script back in early April:
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118002135.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Step Brothers was a piece of shit. Never saw Semi Pro, because I'm guessing it was just like Talladega Nights, and said figure skating flick.

What do I want him to do? I dunno. Maybe not make the same movie six times in a row. That'd be a start.

Saw Hangover on Sunday. In terms of first-viewing quality, I'd rank it below Superbad and Tropic Thunder. Still enjoyed the hell out of it. Don't know who fat Jesus was, but he was fantastic. Especially the interplay with the baby.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Here's a recent story on him in the NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/31/magazine/31Galifianakis-t.html?scp=4&sq=zach%20galif&st=cse

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I've been a fan of Galifianakis since his movie back in the day, Out Cold.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

My friend praised the movie. He damned the studio for putting all the good stuff in the trailers and killing laughs at its own movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted