1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The grossest commercial ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Sonics rule. Those Route 44 drinks were especially effective for bootlegging vodka after lunch in high school.

What bums me out is I see a thousand commercials for Kohls where I'm at now, and there's not a Kohls for hundreds of miles.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're not missing anything. It's a difficult to navigate department store that doesn't seem to have anything special.

Of course, my wife is coming home tonight with three pairs of shorts she says she got for me at Kohls at a killer discount, so I may be singing a different tune later.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

See I know Kohls, and I love Kohls. And now I'm not near a Kohls. But I still see the commercials. It's like a sick tease.

Had I never been to one, it wouldn't be a problem.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Somewhere in there is a helluva life metaphor.

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Don't forget the one for that toenail medication :mad:

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, if you want to make it THAT kind of thread, this non-smoker will gladly line up with his puffing brethren.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sonic's chili cheese tater tots are great. I can only do Sonic on the road, which is probably a good thing or I'd weigh even more.

As I said on another thread, the guy in the Sonic commercial is the same guy who works at Midas and changes Fred Flintstone's brakes.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

New FedEx/Kinkos commercial with the dude trying to hit the pinata in the office is awesome.

Oh, and a SuperSonic No. 2 with ketchup, mustard, pickles, chili, jalapenos and bacon, topped with a Sonic Sized Order of Extreme Tater Tots with Chili, cheese, and a Route 44 Cherry Limeade.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Wow. You must be huge. Kirstie Alley-huge. That sounds really, really good though.

10. Mutah

Mutah Member

Attica! Attica!

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The toenail fungus commercials (with that little freaking goblin lifting up a person's toenail) always makes me cringe.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sonic has some good flavor-of-the-month stuff, but their burgers taste like ass.

Minus In-N-Out (until my vacation), give me Jack In The Box. Their ciabatta sandwiches are yummy.

Draft saved Draft deleted