1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The greatness of America in 60 seconds

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Aug 31, 2012.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Back-to-back commercials during the Minnesota game. First was a Golden Corral ad bragging that they topped the chocolate wonderfall with cotton candy. Then an ad looking for people who want to sue because they took a diabetes drug and now have bladder cancer.

AND what put it over the top was the voiceover guy calling it "diabetus" AND IT WASN'T WILFORD BRIMLEY.

Some people are upset because they think this country iw declining. Me, I'm soaking it in like Saturday night races at Bristol.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Went to the fair today and saw a two-foot long corn dog for $12. Just seeing it made me head over to Subway.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

"You do."

(Turns his head)

"Hire her."

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[​IMG]

5. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

The guy in the lower left looks WAAAAAY too excited about seeing her put something in her mouth

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

End of thread.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/08/honey-boo-boos-ratings-beat-out-the-rncs/

<Edit: I meant EoT metaphorically, not in the no-politics-talk manner!>

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Similar target audiences, too. :)

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Oh well. I'm pretty sure there aren't too many "undecideds" among the people watching “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.”

9. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

More American exceptionalism, someone is trying to market short shorts to guys
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/27/chubbies-shorts-bro-branding_n_1837125.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

Sorry, I'll continue taking my short-length fashion cues from the 1991 University of Michigan basketball team as God intended

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Since when did HuffPo become The Onion?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If your shorts hang below your knees, you are wearing capri pants.

Draft saved Draft deleted