1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The greatest U.S. Senate candidate of all time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 5, 2008.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. He's got my vote.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

For the record, I'm not the one who came up with the guy's URL. Just wanted to make that clear.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This is my favorite part:

Well that and the fact he wanted to go by "No NASCAR Restrictor Plates" but it was too long for the ballot.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

You gotta admit, if he's against the NCAA and restrictor plates he's got a firm grip on the important issues.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'd vote for a yellow dog before I'd vote for Jeff Sessions ... if I were a bammer, of course.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's like in Smoky and the Bandit II, there was a sheriff who had "Kill a Communist" between his first and last names on a campaign sign.

8. dixiehack

Sad to say, our man finished well up the track. (Not that I was any help, taking a GOP ballot.)

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/06/figures_to_face_tough_race_aga.html

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Admit it. The only reason you took a republican ballot was so you could vote against Twinkle Cavanaugh -- endorsed by Mike Huckabee as a candidate with "family values" and "is pro-life." What that had to do with her spot in the Public Service Commission beat the shit out of me, but it was good enough for me to vote against her.

10. dixiehack

I bit my lip and voted for her anyway, on the grounds that she at least graduated from college*. But that commercial suck-diddly-ucked, even more than the other guy ranting about the liberals who won't let us use noocleer power.

The fact that the AEA's ringers in the school board race got trounced is what sends me to my happy place.

* Well, OK, Auburn.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That too, but Twinkie's commercials grinded my ample ass... can't miss the closing shot of her walking out of church with the family -- right in front of the sign that reads "First Baptist Church" so all the fine Christian folks can see she's a Bappis

12. dixiehack

We still haven't taught you to talk right. "Baptist" is clearly pronounced with a "D" right in the middle.

Draft saved Draft deleted