1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Greatest Obit Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Jul 11, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

WTF?

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

See, I'd be bad at doing a SJ-style guide, because I don't think I've added one bit to SJ's lexicon, and moreover, I gleefully follow or don't follow SJ style on my own whims. Some say I follow AP style on my own whim ...

For example, I spell out shut the fuck up. Partially due to my dislike of text messaging-influenced acronyms, partially because I think "shut the fuck up" has more impact than STFU. If I use STFU, then my desire to have you shut the fuck up was half-hearted and reflexive. If I write shut the fuck up, then I mean it. If I do it in CAPS, I'm pissed.

Same goes for looser. I can't bring myself to spell it that way.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

LOL! U R so funneee!! :D

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

SHUT THE FUCK UP! :D

Dammit. Everytime I see text-message speak, I want to punch Prince and half the Revolution for foisting this upon us (not Wendy & Lisa, they could kick my ass. And not the dude in the doctor outfit, he's just not worth the time).

It's more unforgivable than the song Delirious. Way 2 go, u assholes!

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

No, I'm da man!

Draft saved Draft deleted