1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The great thing about this election...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, May 16, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Well, in all fairness, Bush I was in the OEOB for eight of those years. :D

2. ...is that Mitt Romney got to be hated on nationwide.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Some of you folks practically beg us to remove certain members and, when it is done, you keep bringing them back up and back up and back up *** why? WHY?
    Stop it. Now.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

.... is that it will be over in six months.

We hope ....

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Well, well ...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-oped0514parkermay14,0,623379.column

This absolutely has to be read to be believed.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The best thing about this election is that both candidates are better than either choice we had in the last two...

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'm not sure it's the great thing about this election, but it's interesting that Obama went from not black enough (for many black voters) to too black (for many white voters) in a matter of months.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

It's frustrating that Obama -- and Tiger Woods for that matter -- can't simply (and much more accurately) be described as mixed race. Both are just as much black as white, but they really are neither. The race of somebody shouldn't matter or influence your decision on election day, but if you must describe his race, why not be accurate? (Trust me, I know the politics of race and my question is more of a rhetorical one.)

The thinking, apparently, is similar to saying that milk becomes chocolate with one drop of chocolate.

I have a two nieces and a nephew who will always list themselves as mixed race. They wouldn't want to insult one of their parents by declaring themselves to be black or white. They have encountered situations where they have no choice that's accurate and that's frustrating.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Bingo. I would have voted for McCain over Kerry or Obama over Bush.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Like, without hesitation . . . though I'd much rather vote for the '00 model McCain than the present hamstrung rendition.

11. I voted for Gore, proudly, in 2000 and, frankly, I think subsequent events have borne me out.
    Ditto in 2004.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

... is that in six months bored reporters will have to find something else to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted