1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Graduate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Dec 1, 2006.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The wife dragged me to that one in the theaters. I can't remember what it was called. Didn't care for it at all. Some funny moments, but some that just made me cringe.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ms. Ross was equally beautiful in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, as well.

She and Julie Christie were sights to behold in the early 1970s.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Let me guess .... Kevin Costner was on the screen at the cringing times?

4. Anne Bancroft was 37 when she played Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate. Jennifer Aniston is 37 now.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

"Are you here for the affair?"

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I believe the title of the Aniston/Costner update is "Rumor has it".

8. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

One of my Top 5 movies of all time. I saw it when I was finishing my degree and already out of school working full-time in the business. For a young man who wasn't sure what the hell he wanted to do with his life, this movie put me at peace. I was Ben laying in the pool getting hammered, except I didn't hit the pool until after noon when I made deadline for the PM daily I was working for.
    I also wrote a thesis paper on this movie for a fiction in writing/film class I took to fill out an elective and aced it. The prof even had me bring in the movie and explain my theories on it as we watched.
    The ambiguous ending is what makes this movie great because when you are in that position, nothing in life is guaranteed and anything can go anyway.
    It is a classic.

Also, my grandfather gave me my Graduate quote when I was a freshman ... "Waste Management" was his two-word advice for me.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

goodness gracious. katherine ross is 66. she's been married to sam elliott for 22 years. :eek: :eek: :eek:

wow. was she drop-dead gorgeous in "butch and sundance." 8) 8) 8)

10. oldhack

oldhack Member

For someone 25 or 26 when he first saw The Graduate, the idea of sleeping with your girlfriend's mother was pretty revolutionary. The 28-year-old teacher who screws 14-year-old boys hadn't been invented yet.

11. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Caught it last night, too right at the beginning. Watched for over an hour before having to sleep.

"Mrs. Robinson you're trying to seduce me. . . . Aren't you?"

Aboslutely marvelous movie (And gosh she was ONLY 37. Looked, uh, much more mature.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That was Dustin Hoffman just starting to hit his stride. It's sad that he's kinda mailing it in lately. Stranger Than Fiction was a very basic performance by him.

Draft saved Draft deleted