1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The gift that keeps on giving...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Colton, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

Yup, fellow CNHIers, 'tis that time of year again (then again, when isn't it?) -- another five EFF days for the third quarter.

Since I've been told our site is being monitored by Big Bro, I'll stop there.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Which proves the idiocy of the corporate idiots once again.

Your business is failing, your employees are upset because they can't get paid for a full year. Instead of worrying about generating revenue to keep your business afloat, these assholes have nothing better to do than to monitor a web site because heaven forbid, their employees might be just a little upset at them for their incompetence.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Baron: I could not agree more. The only reason I know for a fact we're being watched is because my boss was kind enough to let me know and to be careful because, apparently, those above him on the totem poll have discerned my identity.

At this point, though, I pretty much don't give a rat's ass.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That sucks Colton. What a bunch of crap.

5. JamesCimburek

JamesCimburek New Member

That kind of stuff is one of the reasons I am glad we are a privately-owned local paper. Yes, we don't have all the big-chain resources, but I'm not being told to take weeks off without pay in order to pay some fat cat's seven-figure bonus.

6. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Just four days for you guys this quarter? We have five here (again).

7. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I put this on another thread, but the latest round of furloughs puts us at 65 days since the second quarter of 2009:

1Q 0
    2Q 5
    3Q 5
    4Q 1 (Merry Christmas!)

1Q 4
    2Q 5
    3Q 5
    4Q 5

1Q 5
    2Q 5
    3Q 5
    4Q 5

1Q 5
    2Q 5
    3Q 5
    4Q ?

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Colton my heart goes out to you and I STRONGLY suggest you stop posting along here while at work. We don't need you on the unemployment line too.

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

Kato: Thanks for the edit. Fixed. Danger of posting just before hitting the sack.

10. Colton

Colton Active Member

Drip: I don't post from work. Thanks for the considerate words, though.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Or, you could try...
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted