1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Future For Terrelle Pryor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Intrigued by his athleticism but fear that he will never develop into the great college player he can be playing in Ohio State system.

He should have gone to a spread offense school that would have better used his skills. Tressel system seems to rigid,

I would love to see what he would have done in Florida Offense or Texas Tech,

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

At Texas Tech? The Red Raiders would have averaged about 3 points a game because he lacks one important skill necessary to run their offense -- he can't throw the ball.

Here is a guy who should have went to Michigan, period.

3. Boom_70

Leach would adjust to Pryor's skills . Agree on Michigan - he would be great running offense that Rich Rod ran with Pat White at WVU. Unstoppable in fact. He will never reach that in Tressel system.

4. ehlobuddy

ehlobuddy New Member

Let me get this right, he should have went to Michigan...a program that has fallen off the map in the Big 10, indtead of Ohio State, who plays a BCS game every year, because of the system? Actually, he should have went to Pitt but wanted to go to a winner.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Way to out yourself Rich Rod.

Michigan has not fallen of the map. They beat two top-25 teams last year. They willl be back.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I would say that if he had gone to Michigan and was named the starter from Day one the Wolverines would have won at least eight games -- if not more -- and gotten to a bowl game and would be among a handful of teams picked to get to the national title game next year, particularly with Beane Wells leaving Ohio State and the players Penn State is losing (meaning Michigan would be favored to win the conference).

Other than that......

7. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Were none of you paying attention during the Troy Smith years at Ohio State? They pretty much ran the spread then, with Holmes, Gonzalez, et all on the outside. They will adapt with Pryor. Pryor's a much better passer now than Smith was early on, and he turned out ok.

And please, everyone, it's "should have gone." "Should have went" makes my eyes and ears bleed.

8. Boom_70

No need to get hostile. Just thought this would be an interesting discussion, I did see Troy Smith get dismantled by Florida.

Just saying with Pryor skill set their would have been better sytems for him to develop in.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I thought I was the only one who remembered Troy Smith won a Heisman doing what Pryor can do. Though Pryor has a long way to go before he's as good a passer as Smith was during Smith's final season.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Pryor should've went to Penn State. End of discussion.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

back in the real world...

He's a freshman folks. While Tebow walked on water as a child, it takes other talents time to progress. Michigan might have been his best fit, but he'll be giving Michigan fits and fading in bowl games for three more seasons. Give him time...

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Plus, you probably have to wait and see what type of offense OSU comes out and runs next year. Tressel showed with Smith that he's not afraid to go to the spread. But it's probably hard to completely overhaul your offense in the middle of the year. And since the original plan was to have Boeckman as the starter, you can't fault OSU for not having an offense completely tailored to Pryor's skill set.
    The kid has plenty of time to win a Heisman or two.
    I think we're jumping the gun a bit here saying Pryor will never develop into a great college player.

Draft saved Draft deleted