1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Force Awakens" (with SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 18, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Disney CEO Bob Iger Details New 'Star Wars' Han Solo Spinoff

Rolling Stone has some details regarding the Han Solo movie. It is an origin story (which I don't think is new) that picks up when he was 18 years old. (He is 29 when he first meets Luke and Obi-Wan). It is no surprise that it will cover how he met Chewbacca and how he acquired the Millennium Falcon, but apparently it will also tell how he got his name? Yup. Han Solo apparently isn't his real name. Um, what?

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Not sure how long it'll be before the Disney lawyers take this down. A splicing together of the end of Rogue One and A New Hope.

It felt pretty seamless when I saw it. And still love ass-kicking Vader.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Batman likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ass-kicking Vader kicks ass.

4. outofplace

Tribute to Carrie Fisher posted online today. Worth a few minutes for any Star Wars fan.

Deskgrunt50 and I Should Coco like this.
  5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Thanks, OOP.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The Carrie Fisher tribute is really well done.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hopefully they handle the death of the character of Leia as well in the storyline. Some rumors about "The Last Jedi" are not promising.

Some early reports of TLJ storyline indicate that at no point in the movie do Luke and Leia actually meet in person. They already whiffed on a potential Luke-Han Solo reunion scene in TFA.
    If they push back a potential Luke-Leia reunion to Ep. IX, Carrie Fisher will be dead four years and the reunion will seem arbitrary and pasted-on.

8. outofplace

The worst thing about the timing of Han Solo's death was that we didn't get to see the whole original group together again, even just for a moment. I do hope there is a moment for Luke and Leia in The Last Jedi, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they had planned that for Episode IX.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

At least we could still have a Luke/R2 reunion?

10. Starman

11. Starman

My suspicion is they had Leia's death planned near the end of VIII, and after real life intervened they rewrote it and moved it to IX, where there will be one very brief reunion scene of the siblings -- possibly with a special Force Ghost guest?

12. Starman

Draft saved Draft deleted