1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Force Awakens" (with SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 18, 2015.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

The Mandalorian had me wanting to watch the next episode immediately. Loved it. Was better in the last half than the first half, but the first half was still pretty good. If the rest of it holds up to this or gets better, it's going to be excellent.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

What's not to love? The original trilogy movies are still the best of all the franchise, by far.

Inky_Wretch and JRoyal like this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’m all-in after two episodes of The Mandalorian. Love it.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Does anything in the Mandalorin factor into the final movie or are they setting up the future of the franchise?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Rogue One is as good as any in the franchise

Wenders and TigerVols like this.
  6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

It's possible but I don't think it will. The Mandalorian is set five years after Return of the Jedi, so it would be 25 years before Rise of Skywalker. Plus, the first season won't all be out before Rise of Skywalker is released, and they won't want people who haven't seen The Mandalorian to be lost. If there's any connection, it'll be minor, like a character that drops in in the background or something.

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

At first I thought the season would be over in time and with the fact that it did happen before the new trilogy but after the first I thought we'd see something. But the last two episodes I think come out after the new movie, so I can't imagine they put anything big in. Maybe an Easter egg?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

JRoyal likes this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Really digging Mandalorian three episodes in. Really well done.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

There is no way baby Yoda does not make his way into the last movie.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Baby Yoda was genius; I can’t think of anything that defines “cute” any better (in the movies).
    Mandolorian is really well done and alone is well worth the subscription.

Wenders likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My brain keeps wanting to correct it to toddler Yoda, but baby Yoda just fits in spite of the logic and he's so damn cute. His reaction to the children when he caught another frog was priceless.

Draft saved Draft deleted