1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Flashbacks Have Started/Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lono, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, that's almost as good as a half and half of Guinness and Harp.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I went to the neighborhood bar the other day with a friend after a round of golf and was served a flat Guinness. It was pretty awful. That they guy who poured it didn't realize something was wrong is probably enough to keep me out of there for good.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I can dig the heavy beers, such as Guinness, once in a while. But what I can't take is the "drink it at room temperature" deal.

The only alcoholic drink I ever want warm is one that involves hot chocolate. Otherwise, ice-cold, baby!

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

For me, the darker and/or heavier, the better. Some darker beers are fine at room temperature. But if they ain't dark, they're awful if not cold.

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I used to frequent a bunch of English pubs in the town where I grew up. Whenever the newbies showed up from across the pond, they'd always say, "Why do you people drink this stuff cold?"
    A couple of weeks later, invaribly, the same guys are saying, "Why did we ever drink this stuff warm?"

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

$11.50 for a hamburger? Y'all must be crazy.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That's what she said.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And what's wrong with that?

Draft saved Draft deleted