1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The first SJ.com poll of the 2016 Presidential election

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 16, 2016.

?

Who do you WANT to win in the 2016 Presidential election

1. Clinton

57 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. Trump

10 vote(s)
    14.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

A long time ago, I was called a right-wing nut job on this board. I have consistently leaned to the right for most of my adult life. There was a time when the notion of HRC as president would have been anathema to me. And then the Tea Party came out of the closet. And I mellowed. And the whole country got really angry. And we're now in a world where Donald Trump is the likely nominee for the Republican party. In my view, there is no predicting what will happen with him at the country's helm. Because I believe that, I keep going back to the saying "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know." So in the confines of this poll, I'm voting for Clinton. I'd pick her over Cruz too.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

About the angry stuff. Was there ever a time previously when people were upset with the direction of the country? I really can't remember one.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Not sure if that was tongue in cheek, Mr. S. Anyway...

1968-1971+ comes to mind. Vietnam war, draft, assassinations, Kent State, riots, huge protests - and bigger than anything we've seen lately by far.

That latter point interests me. I recall huge protests and marches on DC filling the National Mall. Today, most of the outrage seems to be online, through social media and the regular media. There's been some public protests and riots for things like Ferguson, Baltimore and Trump, but still it doesn't seem to be on the scale of the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Not yet, at least, and that's a worry.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I assumed the blue font. Unless he meant THIS upset. But still ....

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Never this upset. No Negro has been in charge until now.

6. Mr. Sunshine

I miss the running post totals. I've lost track of how many you've made without a single one that is worth reading.

Hokie_pokie and SpeedTchr like this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

I'm not surprised to learn you are lousy at counting. And since you read and respond to so many of mine, we know you've just posted more bullshit.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Just trying to motivate you to make one worthwhile post.

9. TheSportsPredictor

I guess we've added motivation to the list of things you're terrible at.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Much more anger and much more upheaval then. Even more Hitlers around then, too.

11. Mr. Sunshine

You're getting there.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'm voting for Clinton.
    image.jpg

MAKE AMERICA FUNKY AGAIN!

Huggy and novelist_wannabe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.