1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The fade of the Brewers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Aug 18, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight: Bud Selig craftily stands behind the curtain rather than chases Barry Bonds around the country, then orchestrates a Brewers hot streak only to ensure it last til school starts. This guarantees sellouts all summer long and high ticket sales for the rest of the season. Of course, the plan is for the Brewers to tank the last couple months so they can't make any revenue from playoff games. This despite the fact that it only took 83 wins to take the division last year.

Ha, ha, Milwaukee, Bud Selig tricked you all!!

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If the Brewers faded, what's the word for the White Sox? una embarcación. Ozzie?

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Ned Yost didn't pinch hit for Scott Linebrink with a 6-5 lead. Linebrink then gave up the lead in the next inning (with Yost not taking him out with the bases loaded) despite lefty Brian Shouse in the pen and Javier Valentin hitting .214 vs. lefties. Can you say whoops?

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Yost thought it would be more funner for the players that way.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I was about to bring up that bit of strategery up on the baseball thread, but here is just as well. It should be noted that Valentin is .297 against righties and Linebrink is a northpaw. And lefties hit something like .181 against Shouse.

I'm going to go huff a Raid bug bomb and chase it was a frothy mug of Drano. The jackassery is ceaseless and I can't take it anymore.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=AiTlOc5C7HZnGS0te5_5QYk5nYcB?gid=270819108

Valentin, a switch-hitter, is batting .297 against right-handers and .213 against left-handers. He expected the Brewers to bring left-hander Brian Shouse into the game, so he took his time getting in from the right-field bullpen.

"That's what I assumed," he said.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I saw that. Upon reading it, I pulled an old rusty exacto knife that had gathered dust since composing days from the back of my desk drawer and proceded to give myself a gangreneous "Fuck You Ned Yost" tat on my forehead. Good times.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

It was cute last winter when they paid silly money to Suppan and made headlines, but now they're stuck with an average pitcher who will take a huge bite out of their payroll for three seasons beyond this one.

9. Mira

Mira Member

One of biggest Milwaukee's flaws is Yost's decision-making skills at crucial junctures in games. If the Brewers don't make the playoffs, they better be kicking him out of Brew town.

10. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

When they signed him, the Journal-Sentinel pointed out that Suppan's career record was something like two games over .500 -- if you threw out his career record against the Brewers.

Draft saved Draft deleted