1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Evening Bulletin in Philly

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dark_helmet, Sep 27, 2006.

1. dark_helmet

dark_helmet New Member

From JJobs:

The Evening Bulletin seeks a sports writer to cover the high school beat in and around Philadelphia. Writers will be expected to produce at least one story a day (five a week), ranging from game stories and profiles to features and previews. Candidates must be able to write about all sports. They will also be expected to lay out the majority of a daily three to four page sports section. Quark experience is a must. InDesign a plus. Daily newspaper experience preferred, including current high school sports writers seeking increased freedom and responsibility. We will consider ambitious recent college grads with experience and top-notch writing skills.

The Evening Bulletin offers the chance to work for a growing, five-day-a-week newspaper in the competitive and high-profile Philadelphia metropolitan area. We are looking to add staff quickly and to make our mark on the Philadelphia scene. Send resume and clips to: C.J. Mittica, Managing Editor, The Evening Bulletin, 1518 Walnut St., Suite 1010, Philadelphia, PA 19102, or email us at editor@theeveningbulletin.com.

Anybody know anything about this job? I like cheesesteaks.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

It's Philadelphia's New York Sun-like little boutique, very thin, and you wonder how it stays in business. Oh! That's how! Sometimes the paychecks are really, really late!

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/15108502.htm

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Former columnist John Leonard told us on Friday that in his 10 months at the paper he was paid on time three times.

I was thinking of applying before I clicked that link...unreal.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Mother of god. And I thought it was bad when overtime claims were "adjusted" where I'm at.

Nevertheless, does anyone know of anyone doing well with this job and catching on somewhere bigger and better, such as the Daily News or Inquirer -- before they fired everybody?

Yeah, nevermind. Just read the linked article above. Been there, done that. I don't give a rats ass what the market is, I'm never dealing with that bullshit again.

Draft saved Draft deleted